Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday in Japan...


Wednesday in Japan..., originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

Lawsons
Oh how I miss you. One of the most wonderful Quick Markets ever.

Many morning I have stopped by to pick up juice, the very best coffee
in a can and a rice ball (even if they are triangles) filled with,
pickled plums, salmon, shrimp or tuna.
They are packaged in such a way that when you pull the tab on top
down , then pull the sides out the seaweed wraps its self around the
rice. That way the seaweed stays crisp... so clever and tasty !
Next shelves hold different types of Rice Balls, Bento styled dishes
and Take Away food.
By late evening the shelves will be empty ready for the next morning
stock to come.

This store is like a 7/11 in America but a thousand times better ! so
much better ! really better, in fact quite Fabulous !

hungry. . . parsnip
music. . . The Path Of The Wind, Tezz

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place!


    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japanese food is strangely powerful at the moment given their post earthquake struggles. And still the supermarket life goes on. Thanks Parsnip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful it would be to live a block or two away from Lawsons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A convenience store named Lawsons? There was Lawsons all over Ohio when I was a kid. Alas, no more. Now, there's a similar store in Japan? You forced me to check Wikipedia to see if this was just a coinidence. No coincidence. The chain that was founded in Ohio and is now defunct in Ohio survives, even thrives, in Japan. Tell me, do they have Big-O orange juice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful store. The packaging is very attractive, especially the cute triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Social Frog...
    You will learn to adore them !

    Pat...
    Me too !

    Elisabeth...
    The fresh shelves empty out by evening, they are small stores but fresh food comes in very early.

    Eryl...
    My son and wife, live steps from a Lawsons I am soooooooooo lucky !

    Kirk...
    I thought someone after the war started this but your right, the roots go back to Ohio.
    They have several Orange Juices that I love but I don't think that was a brand. I will look the next time I am there.

    Diane...
    The store is overloaded with cute !

    ReplyDelete