Friday, March 11, 2011

update update...

David just called and as I said before all is fine with his family, extending family and friends.
If your on Twitter ( I am not ) he has been twetting ? since the quake hit. Also keep checking his blog on my sidebar he will be posting. I also think he will put up the NHK feed but it will be in Japanese.

He was teaching at school at the time the earthquake hit.

The earthquake was not like the quakes we were so use to when we lived in California. It was a rolling one that last about 30 + seconds. In California you usually get a sharp jolt and then shaking.

He said his main concern was to make sure all the Junior High School students were outside and the Senior Class was very good at getting out of the building. The whole school was evacuated and everyone is doing fine.

The trains are running in Osaka and Tokyo

As I write this it is 2 am in Japan and he said that the news tomorrow morning will break his heart. Mine too !

Thanks you all... Gayle

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear your son and his family are all right. Will keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the family is okay, my heart goes out to the people of Japan. Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so glad to know your son and family are alright! This is so heartbreaking!!! I heard no one was hurt where we are moving to but I have not heard from my friend yet who lives there...So scary!! Hugs to you & yours!!!


    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness parsnip, I was thinking of you and your family as soon as the news broke.
    My brother-in-law and his family are in Tokyo, also all alright, and their house is still standing but it looks like the upstairs has been burgled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad your son is okay. He is the first person I thought of when I watched the news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is good news, keep updating us. Such a devastating tragedy to the Japan. Anna

    ReplyDelete