Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Prickly Pear Cactus


Prickly Pear Cactus, originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

My Month of art is coming to an end and I have tried keep it up.
Unfortunately a few roadblock . . . taxes, new roof, garage problems
and illness kinda got in the way . . .
but . . .
I have so enjoyed saying " oh the heck with it " and make myself sit
down and draw. I always seem to run out of time for me. Not good !
The cactus will be blooming soon, the wildflowers have already
started so I thought I better finish this drawing now.

You can made fabulous syrup and jam from the red fruit but you have to
fight the birds for it. In the summer and fall you always see red
juice stains on the green cactus, lots of insects love them too !

drawing . . . parsnip
music . . . One Note Samba . . . Antonio Carlos Jobim

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been sick. You've done well with the paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat ...
    Thank you... I have enjoyed making myself sit and do art, very fun just to draw whatever you want. Now I really need to get back to doing some work that needs to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful prickly pear cactus drawing...and I love the pink rose you did two posts back...and I love the frog beside your computer mouse...lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wondered what a prikly pear looks like, now I know. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete