Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wednesday in Japan...Akashi Bridge Tour

I have blogged many times about my love of the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge. Also called the Pearl Bridge.
Both my sons were able to take the tour last summer, that took them up to the top of the bridge. So envious !
I have seen the bridge from the land, the Tako Ferry and a car ride but never from above. Maybe I should put this on my list of things I want to see on my next trip.
I think this is a terrific photo, beside my love of the subject the composition, colors and the feel of the photo is wonderful.

pearl. . . parsnip
music. . . Naoko (Crossing Paths) OST The Wind Rises

18 comments:

  1. I agree with you Parsip - this is a beautiful photograph. Not sure the square ones would care for it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the photo brings back nothing but wonderful times.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. William, of anyone I know I think you would enjoy the height and view.
      not quite a mountain to climb but enjoyable.

      Delete
  3. We have a new bridge here (very new!) that's quite similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you... I love bridges !
      This bridge has the longest central span suspension bridge in the world.
      It is fabulous. At night the bridges lights change colors according to the weather. Perfect.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous bridge! «Louis» hopes you will link this with his Sunday Bridges meme this weekend. The Linky will open at 22h00m central Europe time Saturday night.

    Regards to The Square Ones ®!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have been stunning. Thanks for sharing the great shot of the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I feel dizzy just looking at the pic!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful structure. I'd love to go on a tour too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to see where they took it from. It's pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to see if I can get any photos off Flicker what a pain !

      Delete
  9. Bridges are awesome. Great picture.

    Hair Ball gave you and your boys an award.

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bwah!!! Gonna fall! Gonna fall!

    Have I mentioned my fear of heights? No way I could have taken this shot.

    ReplyDelete