Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday In Japan. . . Espresso

One of the smaller projects going on at my home right now,
was buliding some shelves  in the wall over the coffee/espresso machine.
.
Ha ! you ask,  how does this relate to Japan you ask ?
Well, it seems all my espresso cups are from Japan.
Sneaky me right ?
hahahhahahahaha
Over the years every time I go to Japan I buy a Totoro cup. 
But the next trip I will just buy the last few cups to complete
 "The Months of Tororo" set.

I remember one trip, I came back with a suitcase full of dishes. 
Only one small soy dish was broke !
.
The only exception are the two red cups on the bottom left that are from a shop in Tucson.
.
 .

 .

 I am still playing around which cups would go where.
Now I can see them better every day.
.

Here is your mid week pretty.
Every two day son goes out to pick some Tangelos from the tree. We are trying to finish up the fruit as the tree is covered with blooms.
.
 .

 I just love the way he always has a few leaves on the fruit.
So pretty.
.
  And here is my very own rainbow.

 .

awwwww a baby rainbow !

coffee. . . parsnip
music. . . Bellavia,  Chuck Mangione

22 comments:

  1. Love those mugs and your rainbow too! The colour of that sky is amazing. I think we may get one like that here tomorrow.....I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I was playing with the dogs and the sprinklers came on and there it was.

      Delete
  3. I love the thought of picking citrus fruit straight from a tree in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite nice. The trees are beautiful to look at, right now with all the blooms smell so good and the fruit is so wonderful.

      Delete
  4. They're lovely cups!

    It'll be weeks before we see green grass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are usually in another place but now I can see them better

      Delete
  5. I love tangelos and the cup shelf is a fabulous idea. Seems we all have collections in drawers we never get to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife has quite a fetish for crockery. Her greatest passion is cafe au lait bowls. Probably best I not mention the Totoro mugs to her...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the baby rainbow!

    p, I'm swooning around like a nut reading this post. What a fine mug collection!! Did you know I traffic in mugs? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You I love to use them espresso has never tasted so good.
      I do have some bigger cups for coffee but they are in a different place.
      Your too funny.

      cheers, parsnip

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Just pick out which cup you want it in.
      For years I drank double espresso with cold (not steamed) soy milk so good.

      Delete
  9. How are outgoing to spend the crock of gold?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really have never heard of a tangelo Parsnip - is it some kind of tangerine? They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That rainbow's just small enough to hop "over".

    ReplyDelete
  12. hee hee...
    Caffeine hound «Louis la Vache» likes this!

    M. Scélérat, éditeur à «Louis»: "How can une vache also be a hound?"
    «Louis» à M. Scélérat, éditeur: "Aw, shaddup!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh lots of pretty things at your house today! yert!

    smiles, bee
    xoxooxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Baby rainbow and groovy mugs. That's a good day.

    ReplyDelete