Saturday, January 7, 2023

Still Christmas here.

 Can you stand anymore Christmas ?

Still have my tree up. I usually leave it up past my Birthday right up to Epiphany. It is my Christmas and Birthday gift to me ! 

Tried to decorate just enough this year to make it fun for my Japanese Granddaughter who is now living in Tucson along with her parents. It has been different and quite fun.

.



                                                         Godzilla is still alive and kicking !


                                              Someone needs to kick back with a beer or two.

                                                                           Kawaii 



Daughter made us Osechi Ryori, Traditional Food for New Years Day.
Assortment of colorful dishes with special meanings.  She cooked for days
 


.
My favorite Aomori crackers ! They mean Green Forest.


 I filled my dish up more than I should have but I wanted to make it pretty for a photo.
You have small dishes to put your favorites on and then go back for more.
.
Mia took the photos then printed them out for my Christmas gift. Plus she draws Agatha much better than I do. She is only 12 but quite wonderful.
. . . . . . .
Here is your pretty for the weekend 

Security is always on patrol.


cheers,  parsnip


 


 



8 comments:

  1. The food, photos, and art are beautiful. What a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for my lovely cards - you draw His Majesty so well - he sits on my bookshelf with my card from my grandson in China - both arrived after Christmas so they are staying up for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spy Godzilla and can't believe he's still intact! Such beautiful and delicious looking food for your Christmas feast. And Mia certainly is talented, just like her Grandmother. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a yummy feast and it looks so pretty too! Glad the gud dogs joined in the holiday spirit! Your granddaughter is a terrific artist. Happy New Year to you! Hope 2023 is filled with peace, joy, and good health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agatha and Sir Winston are such good company.

    I'm surprised Godzilla has survived, given Agatha's track record as a surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can stand more Christmas! Nothing wrong with taking your time to remove Christmas decorations.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iʻm catching up and working backwards. Such pretty food! XoXo

    ReplyDelete