Saturday, January 14, 2023

Stick a needle in my eye, , ,

 I just had the first of every 4 weeks injections in my right eye. Oh  Yea  Me ! My Macular Degeneration has exploded  in my right eye.  It is ripped and filled with fluid. I wonder if having my cataracts and new lens put in up-set the balance  of power in my eye. 

Let me tell you it hurt, even with all the drop they put in my eyes but it hurt and sent a pain to the nerves  through and across my nose and cheek. Counting the days to the next appointment. 

Cross my heart and hope to die stick a needle in my eye! 

This is an old vow to try to lie and get out of trouble. I don't know if kids today use it. 

..........

When I wake up in the morning sometimes this is what I see.


When Winston wants to get up and he is not barking at something, this is what I see when I wake up. Winston sits there and just stares at me untill I wake up.

.


                                                           Love the look on her face.
                                                                  How could you !!!!!!!!!!
                      You covered up my favorite digging hole were the tasty grass and muddy dirt is.

                                                                             .......


I have seen this before but it is too good to not post again.
Love Sooty !

cheers,  parsnip

14 comments:

  1. Waking up to Winston staring at you is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cringing and full of heartfelt sympathy for your poor eye. But laughed out-loud at the guinea pig story. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really yucky, I have always had problems with my eyes and very careful with them. The cataract/lens replacement was interesting and felt really great they use water but this needle was awful.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to read about your macular eye problems. I had a hole in my macula and had to have surgery on it. Are you having to stay in a position where you are looking down all of the time for your eye to heal?
    I thought the guinea pig story was so cute. When my husband and I were first married, we bought a beautiful long haired guinea pig. She was so cute and always so happy to see us when we got home from work, whistling and running around her cage for attention. One day my husband and I came home from work, and there was so much squeaking and noise in the cage. Petunia couldn't wait to see us. When we went in to see her, she had been cloned with a miniature Petunia, who we ended up naming Daisy.
    Apparently we bought two piggies for the price of one and we didn't even know it until several weeks later. There must have been a secret "Sooty" along the way somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Guinea Pigs are so cute. We had all kinds of Hamsters, Snakes and of course Cats and Dogs. Was Petunia pregnant when you bought her home ?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Sometimes, Agatha will lick my hand and stand there looking at me,

      Delete
  5. I am sorry your eye treatment is so painful. I hope those shots do the job and preserve your sight. Ask the doc if it can be less painful next time.
    It is sweet that your gud dogs are looking out for you in the morning.
    Fun story about Sooty! You gave me a smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are giving me more numbing drops next time. Still a shock.

      Delete
  6. That little face looking at you when you awake melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your eye problems. You are in my prayers. Agatha and the rock cracks me up. It reminds me of a couple of my dogs with attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess my only advice would be if you donʻt notice any improvement, and if you are still having that nerve pain, donʻt get another shot in your eye. David thought they didnʻt work, but thatʻs just what he has heard from patients.

    ReplyDelete