Sunday, January 15, 2012

parley view parsnip...

My Monday post about what is going on around my home.
Kohlrabi...
Isn't this a beautiful vegetable.
I will peel the bulb ( about the size of a tennis ball) cut into match sticks and use it in a salad with some blanched Pea Shoots. Tossed with a homemade Sesame Seed dressing.

Daikon Radish.
Daughter belongs to a farm co-op and she gave me the the kohlrabi and some of the extra Daikon.

which I cut into spears...

and pickled.
So good.

Watson...
nice human tall person, I don't think it is Friday yet.

hamish...
ithnkiseechickenstrip
ismellbacon?
yert !

Some of the books I made, with help from Daughter.

And here is your pretty for the day.

running. . . parsnip
music. . . Monday Monday, the Mamas and The Papas
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. I do love the clouds rising up off the hills, like smoke signals from a day gone by. Beautiful.

    I love Daikon radishes and hadn't thought about them in a long time. Now I am hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clouds that day were so white !
      There is an Izakaya that I love that has the best Daikon Salad ever. Next time I have it besides taking a photo, I am going to figure what they put in it. Their Sesame dressing is perfect.
      Now I am hungry.

      Delete
  2. i thought i saw a chicken strip too! yert!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say the chicken strips are looking really good.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that's a pretty sky. But about that Kohlrabi! It's just beautiful. I've never used one. The Daikon radish I've enjoyed in salads but never pickled. You are inspiring me to expand my vegetable repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never used Kohirabi. have eaten it in Japan. It is so pretty.

      Delete
  4. getting back into blog visits, sugar! the veggies look lovely, but that first plate!!! wow, where do you find it? xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plate was a gift from my favorite shop in Laguna Beach. When I lived there I was always stopping in.
      I am going to see if they are on line because I want several of the dishes.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous cloud shot there at the end!

    ReplyDelete