Saturday, November 28, 2009

Adoption of Bubba


Adoption of Bubba, originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

In my post of a few weeks ago... " Hurt Javelina" I talked about the
" Tucson Wildlife Center " and my Adoption of Bubba the Great Horned
Owl.

When Bubba was a fledgling he came into the center with a broken wing.
The wing healed and he was released back into the wild. Sometime
later Bubba returned on his own to the Wildlife Center starving. When
he was healthy again they found out that the scaring on his wing
caused him to be no longer silent, even though he could maneuver and
fly flawlessly. Silent flying is necessary for Great Horned Owls to
hunt.

Bubba is now a permanent resident of the Wildlife Center and as a
senior statesman for the center he frequently travels to schools as
part of the education team.

Isn't he sweet ? I just love him !
He looks just like my wonderful Bernard, who sits on my chimney and hoots.
Bernard is also getting rid of my destructive pack rat population !

joyful. . . . parsnip
music. . . Enchantment. . . Corinne Bailey Rae

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had an owl! My, my, good thing he lives elswhere. Hamish and Watson would be crushed!

    ReplyDelete