Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wednesday In Japan... 2014 Year of the Horse !

This years Christmas Card from Japan.
Wonderful pop-up of a Christmas tree with lots of busy Santas.
.


.

Kawaii !
.

Newest additions to my Japanese Zodoic collection.
They are bells.
.
I have written about this before but in Japan, New Year is the important holiday.
Celebrations, parties, dinners and most of all family and friends.

Everyone sends out postcards for the New Year and the mail delivers
 huge stacks of them !
Check out Sons card on my sidebar, sleepytako.
.

My New Years Day card is going our rather late this year.
It is the Year of the Horse and I just couldn't think of anything I wanted to draw.
 So I am using a photo taken at the
Tohono Chul Park In Tucson.
 

What ever your Zodiac symbol,
The Square Dogs and I  wish you a very Happy New Year !
.


.........................................

and...
Here is your pretty (hahahahaha) for mid-week.
This is especially for my friend Norma, who is crazy for Minions
and has a huge collection of them.
I collect Totoros and I have finlly crossed the line and have become a Totoro !
.

Totoro hoodie.
.

I even have dust sprites slippers
.

hahahahahahah
At lest I haven't quite turned into the krazy cat lady down the street.
but...
I have said I wanted to have a herd of Scotties running wild on my land !
It still could happen.

Last night,
Watson was seen walking off with one of my slippers.
Hey, they look like a Gud Dug toy to me too!
yert !
.

totoro. . .  parsnip
music. . .  OST Totoro, Joe Hisaishi
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are rather front heavy and just huge,
      So far i have only worn them for when people come over.

      Delete
  2. "Caution, horses have energy so apply diligence..." Very wise words!

    Your slippers look like Scottie pups to me, so you might well find them straying with the Square Dogs :-)

    Happy New Year from a very wet corner of England, where it is always the Year of the Horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is a camera when you need one.
      I so wish I could have taken a photo of him carrying one.

      Delete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA!!! The hoodie and the slippers are a hoot!

    All the best to you and The Square Ones ® for this New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole herd of scotties - now that would really be something. Happy new year to you and the square ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the notion of you rounding up a herd of scotties dressed in that hoodie!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I've finally got round to adding content to my new reader, you included, so I should become a more regular visitor from now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Year of the Horse...why couldn't I be a Horse? (I'm a Snake....)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that card. I always kind of wished I was born in the year of the horse, but I'm a 1964 dragon! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Happy Horsy 2014! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One wonders what the Hamish and Watson must have thought of you in that costume!

    ReplyDelete