Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Tucson Public Art

Friend, Debbie came for a visit during some of the hottest weather.
Storm photos later.

We decided to look for and find some of the outstanding Tucson Public Art.
It is everywhere in Tucson.
We picked Saturday, less people and cars in the business side of Tucson.
I drove with the Air Condition on super high (it was a charming 107 that day)
Debbie jumped out and took most of the photo. Fabulous !
Also a few of mine that I could take while sitting in the car.
.

Rattlesnake Bridge
Over a very busy Broadway leading into the city.
Lights up at night.




 .
Bike Church.




.
Toby
One of my favorite. The firebird sparkles during the day, lights up at night.
In a very green area of small offices next to The Children's Museum.
.
Vegiss
.
In the city the Sun Link has the best  streetcar stops.
This Century Plant has all the counties in Arizona on it.
 .
.
.
Sun Link Stop
One side has a radiant Sun and the other side an Orange Tree.

'.

Luis Gutierrez Bridge, Sun Link

.

City Bus Stop.


.
Cocoon
Metal pipes that light up at night in different colors.
You can walk inside.  Not working the night we were there.
.
.
Horses
If you stand just in the right spot the horses almost disappear. 
You can see right through them.

.
.
Bee
Bontanical Gardens.

...
.

.

Springerville
Pocket park right between two homes.
Very tiny.

.

Squash atop  City Link stop.
 ..
.
.

Flags
City Link stop.
At night they light up in different colors.
.
.

Water Spout on a home near the Pocket Park.

..........


As always here is your  pretty for the middle of the week.


Fruit from the Prickly Pear Cactus in my yard.



 Really cute tee shirts for my granddaughter.
.

So cute, makes me smile.

cheers,  parsnip

20 comments:

  1. The firebird is in fact a welsh dragon......loook at the welsh flag x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to write that. One reason why I like it so much it brought in some of the world to Tucson. It is placed in one of the prettiest parts of the city.
      Many call it the Firebird.

      Delete
  2. Rattlesnake Bridge- what a sight to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A favorite ! It is quite big.
      You need to walk it to feel the air, bridge, rumble of traffic, fabulous !

      Delete
  3. I like all of the pictures, but that big bee really won me over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle, I don't know if you saw my reply to you on my blog post of a couple of days ago, but we LOVED the package you sent!!! Ginger and George think those chips are delicious! Thank you so much. That was incredibly thoughtful of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thehamish loved the chips. We talked when Ginger was sick and wanted to send them. But the box sat on my desk for all that time.
      That was one of the last letters thehamish wrote. He was a gud dug.

      Delete
  5. Love the horses most. Wish they were in my yard. How do you eat the prickly pears. I saw some in the grocery yesterday. I read they make good jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a pain. First you have to take off the spines then peal. The fruit is pretty with tiny black seed that will break every tooth in your mouth.
      I have met Cherrie who makes the syrup, candy and juice. Really just buy hers off the shelve.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Great sculptures, love the rattlesnake bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these art works are all so impressive! I really like the church. The view from inside with blue sky in the back - it's beautiful. The shadow is very lovely, too!
    The t-shirt designs is so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The church is very small on a tiny lot and so wonderful.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful city Tucson is. It is many years since we visited but that art work is wonderful Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun pictures! I especially like that crazy rattlesnake bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the best Public Art I've seen, and the bicycle church is inspired. What a lovely city Tucson is

    ReplyDelete
  11. All beautiful! Rattlesnake Bridge would give me pause, but....

    I see you found some cute t-shirts. Collin found one on Facebook--Godzilla on the GoT Iron Throne, declaring, "This throne is MINE!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful pictures! I especially like that crazy rattlesnake bridge!

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete