Monday, December 28, 2009

O-shogatsu Chopsticks


O-shogatsu Chopsticks, originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

Japanese son and wife sent me some O-shogatsu chopsticks, to use for
my New Years food. Iwaibashi, have no handle, they are tapered on both
ends; one side is for God and the other is for a human. The Osechi
meal is one to be shared with God.

New Year Day Cuisine is traditionally 41 different kinds of preserved
foods. Needless to say I will not be having such a meal but I will use
my chopsticks with my New Year's Day meal.
They sent me these very cute ones, not sure of what the Sumo
Wrestlers on the cover mean, other that they are fun ! and I happen to
like Sumo wrestling

Happy New Year . . . parsnip
music. . . . Every Ship Must Sail Away. . . Blue Merle

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! Those aren't shogetsu chopsticks. Those are just normal ones! I forgot what I sent you. Mikako gave them to me to give to you and I put them in the bag without looking at really looking at them! I'll send you some real shogetsu chopsticks next year. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David. . .
    you know I looked at them and thought ... but shogetsu or not I'm using them on New Years Day for Luck !

    ReplyDelete