Friday, January 29, 2021

Square Dog Friday Winter .


.                                                   
                                                           It snowed off and on for 3 days.



                                                                    Some nice shadows.









An experiment in cropping the photos.
I need a better phone camera but I love this series.
They are not black and white but between the gray skies, snow and shadows they came out this way.



                                                                     Find the Scotty

Not monstor a Scotty.

 





Daughter and I covered up the special cactus from getting a hard freeze burn on the new growth. Some paper bags and plastic bag. But when Agatha saw this new DANGER in the yard she started to loudly bark at it.    
                            ! danger dangerdanger dangermonster iagatha will protect our home ! !! !

                             I had to show her it was OK. Now she doesn't care about the monster

                       now no monster iagatha is studin' the  just colds stuff to be seeing whatis this being






. . . . .

As always here is your pretty to start the weekend.






                                                  


                                                      Have a good weekend and stay safe.

cheers,  parsnip

21 comments:

  1. Very dramatic skies, and such cute four legged critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And no snowblowing and shoveling for you!? Just lovely mountain snow views? What a deal! Your gud dogs look great!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I am posting photos you don't have to read, unless it it the gud dug writing, my pathetic attempts at writing.
      I always said my blog should be small amount of text more photos !

      Delete
    2. I love the photos! What pups and what views!

      Delete
  4. Your photos are amazing! I love all those mountain shots! Agatha is very brave to go after the unknown monster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You,,,We all love and need our winter snow.

      Delete
    2. I love your snow and the photos you have taken of it. Not sure whether your two are enjoying it or whether they are happier to stay indoors in the warm.

      Delete
    3. The snow is beautiful and so much needed here. lots of the snow is covering the fire damage from last year. Slow melt means no huge flooding .

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Have you had much snow this winter ?

      Delete
    2. No, very little. We've had a few light snows with accumulations of two inches or so and a few dustings to tidy it up. A couple days ago, we had a biggest snow fall this winter of four inches. So far this is what a southern Michigander would call a mild winter.

      Delete
  6. Goodness, is it actually cold where you are at the moment, or just in the mountains? I see you have a new dog! Sorry I've been so absent, I seem to be in a constant pickle. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does get cold in the valley but just off and on here and there. It is warm today (73/54) but a new storm is coming in and temperatures will drop for the next few days then warm again.
      As for your "pickle" I almost gave up the blog 5 years ago when I was very sick but held on to it only blogging once a week. Everyone is a mess now !
      Watson and thehamish died a few years ago and I am still berift but I found a Scottie Puppy, and then adopted Agatha who was saved from a hoarder I love them dearly but I still miss my Watson and thehamish who saved my life from the x..
      I am trying to learn facebook and instagram who knows ?

      Delete
  7. Is that snow on a prickly pear? So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more ice than snow by the time I took the photo on the Barrel Cactus.

      Delete
  8. Your cropped photos are truly beautiful. Those mountains remind me of the ones we saw in New Zealand. I usually love your view, but although I also love snowy mountains, in real life they often intimidate me and make me feel lonely. So I will be glad when you're back to your usual sunny scenes! :) Will you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cropped pics. I keep saying I want to get a zoom attachment for my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are all fabulous. Such beautiful scenery for you to see out your windows! And of course, your gud dogs are mighty fine to look at, as well. It's good to see what good friends they've become. Our furry kids sure make being isolated and housebound bearable, don't they? I don't know how I'd ever manage without my girls... even if they do seem to think lying on my shoulder and across my chest is a good place to be while I'm trying to type on the laptop...

    Take care and be safe, sweet lady. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete