Tuesday, October 1, 2019

I be silly.


I think my love of Scotties started when I was very young and watched the movie "Lady and the Tramp" Don't know why I like Jock but there was something special, he was my first Square Dog.

All through the years the children and I have had many different pets from dogs, cats, bunnies, hamsters and a snake but never a Scotty !

When my home burned down in Laguna Beach Wildfire of 1993 we lost everything but our lives.
Finding a place to live, buying clothes, shoes and food was first.
This all happened right before Christmas so it was very strange times.
The children were in First and Third Grade and High School.
We found a place to live and next on the list was a little black Scotty named Kirby.
That squirming puppy bundle of love and a cat named Jabba
who just walked in our door one day was our salvation.

I used to joke about when you lose everything the the first thing you need to do
is find yourself a Scotty !

So my love of Scotties continues.

All the times I have visited the UK I never knew about Radley.
Oh My Goodness.

I must make a pilgrimage to a store of "The Scotty". 






Some of my most favorite things.

.
Son made Mexican Lime Chicken Soup for me.
So tasty and very easy and fast to make.

As always here is your pretty for today.

sorry little fisshie but iagatha ate your little fin off it tasted gud
you still gud fishie iagatha like you

iwinston is gud dug and very pretty

cheers,  parsnip

23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness me Gayle - what a terrible time you must have had and how lovely to hear that a Scottie helped you to pull through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirbey and Jabba wee the sunshine in our lives.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Gayle!

    Thanks for sharing the story of how you first came to love Scotties and first came to own one along with Jabba, the stray cat who found a forever home with you. It is very touching. I remember you showing us Scotty items from that UK Radley store a while back. The Mexican Lime Chicken Soup your son made looks delicious and I will mention it to Mrs. Shady. Aggie sez that fisshie fin was gud - tasted like chkikin'. I hope her nerves are settling down.

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Scottie collection. Very taken by that Gud Dug shaped black clutch. I see Agatha is still diligently performing surgery...so talented! And iwinston has such strikingly handsome ears. Wishing you a wonderful week friend Gayle. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine the fear and horror you experienced from that fire. Your life must have changed so much but how wonderful that a Scotty and a wandering cat helped your family heal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw the bowl at the end of the shopping pictures, I had a moment of panic. Scotty soup?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I had the same thought as Moving with Mitchell. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scotties are adorable. Those Scotty items are very pretty. I know you will have so much fun if you visit the store Radley :-)
    Mexican lime chicken soup looks very tasty. I like having lime in a soup!
    Winston is looking very handsome :-) Have a great day xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I arrived home to find the most beautiful bouquet from you (and the dogs) on my doorste[I can't imagine why - it is not my birthday until the end of the month - but how lovely to get them as an unbirthday gift. It brought tears tomy eyes and I can't tell you how very touched I am by you generosity. With much love. Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have not been feeling well and the weather has been somewhat messy The gang and I thought you might like a small cheery Hello.
      parsnip xx

      Delete
  9. I missed this post.
    Sorry about the fire that you went through.
    Love your outlook though. Get a scottie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading your blog its quite interesting! Seeking for dispensaries worry no more!
    Wonderful Blog! satta king
    Thank for sharing but may also work in your like commercially.
    Ask your dealer for a aggressive offer for a provided service that includes web site style, growth and hosting.Sattaking
    sattaKing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Offer freebies.satta king
    Freebies make customers like you. When you have branded freebies, you'll find that your marketing message spreads quickly. Keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete