Saturday, September 1, 2012

1 September 2012



 I remember taking this photo. There had been a soft rain and as the skies started to clear I saw this cloud to the west. A soft breeze carried the sent of sage, dirt, rosemary and ozone.

 Last night was a blue moon. Here are three photos taken with my little point and click.
It is tarantula season so I ran out took several photos and ran (hahahahaha) back in. I really did not want to linger outside in the dark trying to take photos. I have a live and let live relationship with these furry weird critters .... they eat scorpions (hate) so the enemy of my enemy  is my friend (?) but that doesn't mean I want to get close and shake hands !


Again as you can tell from this weird layout I am still having problems with google/blogger so wordpress here I come ! Maybe ?

                                               critter. . . parsnip
                                               music. . . Hit The Ground Running,  Doves

13 comments:

  1. I'm sure the tarantulas just want to say hello....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure ! hahahahahahah
      Their bite hurts but they are not really poisonous (?) I don't like the hairy legs. We have huge wolf spiders that are gross and very poisonous.

      Delete
  2. Oh, do come to Wordpress!

    And don't believe for a moment that the tarantulas just want to be buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if I go to wordpress daughter likes that better than google/blogger!

      Delete
  3. I am very glad we don`t have tarantulas outside the back door here in England!

    I met a delightful Scottie dog yesterday, at the garden we visited. His name was Dougal. I thought of you and his square, black distant cousins across the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i did not like wordpress at all but that was a good while back, maybe it is better now.


    guddoggetsasqueekytoyyes?yert!

    love your moon photos!

    smiles, bee
    xoxooxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who know which is better but every two months blogger and google have me pulling my hair out !

      Delete
  5. gorgeous pics, sugar! i like the idea of your own calendar. re your layout, check the template you're using and see if you haven't changed something there by mistake! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gayle:
    Your images of the moon are indeed most atmospheric. But we should not, in the knowledge of it being the tarantula season, have set foot outside ourselves to do anything, least of all take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a braver man than I am ...
    Speaking of problems I have couple of posts I can't post because Picasa clicks like a time bomb when I try to post a picture.
    Problem is I have forgotten how to do it sans Picasa. Ho Hum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gayle, Your September calendar page and blue moon images are wonderful! The tarantulas don't scare me because they're so delicate, but I do try to watch out for scorpions and rattlesnakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cloudscape is absolutely beautiful Gayle.

    ReplyDelete