Monday, February 3, 2014

parley view parsnip. . . javelinas !

Javelinas

Over the years I have written about some of the wild animals that visit my home.
From mountain lions, bobcats, coyotes, snakes, rabbits, birds, gila monsters
and just about everything else.
I have learned the rhythm of nature in the year. 
Even with the drought I still can follow the ebb and flow of the animals 
that I am so lucky to share this part of the earth with.
I often talk about the Javelinas that like to visit my small citrus grove.
Like many of the animals they love to visit in the hot summer
and cool off in the shade of the trees and damp earth.

Ever since I was a little girl I have had an affinity to the Javelinas.
I am born in the year of the boar, they are my people my tribe. 
 Javelinas are medium sized animals that look like wild boars but are peccary.
They are really in the family of the Hippopotamus, which I also adore.
.
 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 The babies, how very cute ! Tiny little loafs of hairy loafs of bread.
.

 .

 .

 .

 The photos are always just a little blurry or dark. 
I have to take them from from the safety of my home. No matter how clean the window
They never come out right.
Plus I only have a tiny point and click.
.
....................................
Here is your pretty for the start of the week.

Some other wild animals animals that inhabit my world.

 .

 .

 .


So wild ! So. . . . . .
yert !

peccaries. . . parsnip
music. . . Don't Leave,  Ane Brun


23 comments:

  1. Your wild javelinas are lovely creatures. They seem to be almost smiling!

    Almost as lovely as the Square Ones, but not quite.....

    Do the two ever meet? What would happen if they did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have met and it is not pretty.
      Javelinas have razor sharp teeth and the lead male is very protective of the family.
      I have to always look outside before I let The Boys out in the fenced yard. There was a standoff thehamish about two feet from the fence and the javelina hair up on the back of his neck mouth open about two feet on the other side.
      The herd had circled, babies inside protected ... I got The Boys inside quick.

      Delete
  2. They're just lovely and I've never heard of them before. The dugs are looking pretty handsome too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They almost resemble the Florida bore. Your pups look adorable as usual.

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I think they are terrific, but I know to leave them alone.

      Delete
  5. I don't think I have ever heard of these before - but they're charming. I'm not surprised you like them and I'm surprised they're not better known.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of funny story about them that maybe I will try writing about on one post.

      Delete
  6. LOL, so many wild animals around your house. Square ones and roundish ones too. I think I'd be scared of those little piglets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want to pick them up and cuddle but they too have razor shape teeth

      Delete
  7. What wonderful photos of javelinas. Makes me smile to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty special, did you have a good time at the gem show ? I will be going on Thursday.

      Delete
  8. Love the photos...all of them.

    I could see a children's book about javelinas. And that first photo as the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a story planned with The Square Ones and the Wild Ones.

      Delete
  9. I had never heard of javelinas Gayle - i agree, they are absolutely sweet - as are the square ones. I particularly
    like the upside down one - a position that Tess adopts most nights when she wants her bedtime biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watson will lay like that but it is really thehamish who does it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never tire of learning about our wild life and seeing how the boys are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling javelina pictures! They don't come around in the daylight much by my house. And I love your sleepy pups on the pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete