Monday, February 20, 2017

gud fud fud gud

As thehamish would say gud fud gud
I miss the food in Japan. 
From the elegant to the best burger and fries I have ever eaten.

...
Mosaic sushi


 Reminds me of Push Sushi.

Yes please !
....

After Mia's Omiyamairi  6 years ago we went for lunch and had
this charming mosaic type lunch.
...

Went out for some sushi (my default setting) a few nights ago 
and it was wonderful.




Uni (sea urchin) shooter
....

 Another night we went out for something super warm and tasty.

 Oden, assorted fish cakes in a hot pot

 Nabeyaki Udon, hot pot style

 served with tempura.
Yes please.
.
Trying out "Blue Apron" the last few weeks.
I have been cooking for over 50 years and I really don't want to do it anymore.

But I like to cook with Son so we are trying the "Blue Apron".

 I must say the food is great and the quality of the fish and chicken are fabulous.
The recipies easy to follow with all the ingredients measured out for me !
Plus the food does look almost as great as the photos.
It has shaken up my quick go to meals.

 Poor attempt at garnishing and drawing on my dish of food.
Spiced Chicken Chili

 Baked Ricotta Cannelloni.
I lived through the 70's and if I see another pasta dish.... gag !
except for my spaghetti. This pasta dish was very good
But I will wait to repeat it.

Not a catfish person but this was the best I have had.
Cajun Catfish, Spiced Rice with Collard Greens.
Love Collard Greens.

Seared Chicken with Kale Apple and Potato Hash.
Lots more but I don't want to bore you. I ordered 3 meals a week.
..........


As always here is your pretty for the start of the week.
Son walked thehamish late and the rain we had off and on all day was stopping.
Adam took these on his walk.


Just lovely. 
Rain in the desert smells so wonderful. Filled with sage, dirt and mesquite clean and fresh.
.
hey hey hey whot about me i thehamish
i thehamish is alway the pretty

rain. . . parsnip
music. . . River In The Rain,  Alison Krauss

21 comments:

  1. I've often wondered if those delivered ingredients would turn out to be worthwhile. You're like my daughter, a very adventurous eater. We'll be heading back to Japan next month, I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious. I miss the food and fabulous vending machines. Of course all the family and friends.
    I was planning to go in Spring but some health problems are keeping me here till Fall.
    Bummer !

    ReplyDelete
  3. He wore the Ham out. I love sushi, but I haven't had the nerve to eat sea urchin. It really looks gross. Your pics made me hungry. I'm having lemon pudding for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I forgot to mention that rain drop cake. Have you eaten it? I can't imagine what it would taste like, but oh so beautiful.

      Delete
    2. Sea urchin is so good and I can not explain the flavor it is served with the quail egg !
      I have not eaten the Raindrop cake but want to. It is all about the melt in your mouth feel. and I want to try it. It is like eating a raindrop

      Delete
  4. Wow, Gayle, gud fud fud gud, indeed! I appreciate exotic food and would love to taste the assortment of dishes you showed us here. Thanks for the review of Blue Apron. Mrs. Shady and I have been curious about the company ever since it first began running TV spots. Your son snapped some moody masterpieces on his walk with thehamish.

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your new post must read tomorrow.
      I like Blue Apron so far. Makes Son and I sit down to dinner.

      Delete
  5. Those dishes look delicious!

    Beautiful late photos... and thehamish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by
      Must check out your blog soon.

      Delete
    2. Great! Just added, updated, and bumped some music videos. :)

      Delete
  6. That sushi is so gorgeous. I'll have some of that catfish too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Hamish!! And those photos your son took are pretty special.
    Also, I am hungry now!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That has made me so hungry! Lovely to see the Hamish looking himself, and those atmospheric photos, I can smell the sage! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely, varied posting, Parsnip. The rainbow sushi look especially delicious and hah ha thehamish, what a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This mosaic sushi is like an art work! So pretty! I'm not a big sushi eater but these photos make me hungry :-) Photos from the walk are beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a fan of sushi, but I could really go for that raindrop cake! And those Blue Apron dishes look delicious.

    Hello, Hamish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hamish is definitely fun to see! What dramatic skies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That mosaic sushi almost looks too good to eat. It looks like art! The close-ups of the sushi make me hungry.

    I've been hearing more and more about Blue Apron recently, and it's all been good. I'm glad it's working out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy wow, on the pictures. If I could eat that stuff, I would sooooooooo eat it. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The food looks great but the sky is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    หนังระทึกขวัญ

    ReplyDelete