Saturday, June 1, 2013

1 June, 1921


1 June, 1921
This lovely Lady is my Mother
Today is her Birthday



No matter how old I get I still miss my Mother.

I wrote a small tribute last year about my Mum.
One sweet note is her Great granddaughter Mia was born one day before her birthday.
I wish Mia would have been born on the same day. That would have been lovely,
the best gift ever.
I know Mum would have loved that.

cake. . . parsnip
music. . . Hello Dolly,  Carol Channing
Her name was Dolly so this song is very close to my heart.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. My maternal grandmother was very dear to me and my daughter shares her birthday. Sometimes, if I see her from the right angle, I catch glimpses of Grandma in her face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p, thank you so much for sharing that gorgeous picture of your mother. Will listen to 'Hello Dolly' today in her honor. And happy belated to Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother was beautiful. Hugs to you Parsnip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parsnip, I know so much how you feel. Your mum was really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. I still miss my mom, too.

    Your mom was a lovely woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely woman, Parsnip. Missing her never goes away, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful lady Parsnip. I'm lucky enough to still have mine and it's so easy to grumble about them and not appreciate them when they're here. Big hug to you over the pond. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is beautiful... and i love the name!

    yert!

    bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You everyone for all your kind comments.

    gayle

    ReplyDelete