Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday is here and so is sushi.

Daughter's Birthday was on Saturday, she had a party and 
made this wonderful vegetarian sushi.
For dessert she had mochi and mini rosewater cupcakes.
She makes the best mochi.

 All this talk of sushi and the photos made me so hungry, 
So off to dinner.

 Wonderful cool sashimi on a bed of daikon radish, and pickled gobi.

 I just love the cucumber flower.
.

.
i thehamish told you salmon nigiri was so gud.

....

If I could live in Japan and didn't live by family and friends, I would live in Mitaka.
Beautiful town, Ghibli Museum and the fact  the Cat Bus from the Totoro Movie 
picks you up at the train station !
Perfect !
I feel a road trip coming on.
.

 Speaking of food here is one of my favorite condiments,
Yuzu citrus pepper paste.  What a beautiful label.
.
Not sure if  Squid, from the wonderful blog The Armchair Squid, will see this post
today but I saw this fish sauce and had to take a photo of it.
.

.........
As always here is your pretty to start the week.
Friend Debbie sent me this card.

Oh Yes, I know this look ! ! !

awwwwwww !
Thank goodness for John Naylor.
.

food. . . parsnip
music. . . How Can You Mend A Broken Heart,  The Bee Gees

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There are foods I haven't eaten either.
      Bit I love sushi. It is my default setting.

      Delete
  2. The scampering Scottie label's cute, but not as cute as Hamish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, I could do veggie sushi, but I don't like fish well enough to do regular sushi. Saw a recipe for crab wrapped in thin sliced zucchini to look like sushi. Where is Mitaki? Interesting Scotte facts, had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crab in zucchini sounds so good.
      We all eat what we like and that is a good thing !

      Delete
  4. That spread looks delicious! Love the Scottie label.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous dinner! Sushi looks soooo yummy :-) I love the cucumber flower. It's very pretty! And I love the sushi toy for thehamish! Happy birthday to your daughter!
    The scottie card is very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be at the market today so I can make some Push Sushi.

      Delete
  6. That was a spread. I love sushi. I talked to a Vietnamese woman once and she said they hate sushi. I was surprised, armchair traveler that I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adore sushi, more nigiri and sashimi than rolls. I love it very simple.
      If I just think about it Vietnamese, China and Korea have more of a "cooked"
      food history.

      Delete
  7. The veggie sushi looks wonderful, that must have been a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of mini rosewater cupcakes, but they sound fantastic.

    Because of your blog, my siblings and I have started breaking down into nonsense language whenever we see a dog, usually with lots of "GUD DUG, WHO'S A GUD DUG, YUS VERY GUD DUG"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You.... I talk like this all the time. People think I am crazy.
      Plus all my animals have different voices. Plus the Scotties are Scottish so they alway speak with the burr.

      Delete