Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Fire, part 2

An update on Tuesday's post.

The fire has tripled and still only 7% contained.
The winds were gusting 25 to 30 miles, so planes were grounded
for hours.  
I-10 between New Mexico and Tucson was closed several time because 
of smoke and dust, plus many of the state highways in that area.
There are small towns communities, lots of ranches and BLM lands.

This fire is not "near" me, about an hour away but when I look south I can see
dust and smoke in the sky.

A few photos taken from the news, not the best but you can get the feeling of the fire.
The temps will be only about 85 with a drop in the wind so the planes can fly.







 Fighting the fire from the sky and on the ground. 
This fire was man made.




.....

Here is a photo of a fire in Mesa (Phoenix) right now it is small but
give it a day with the winds and it could grow.
I hope it does not.



17 comments:

  1. This looks so dreadful. I do hope that no one loses their life or in fact their home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is bad, hoping the weather will help today. The heat and wind pick up tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for that wonderful hare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, that looks horrendous. I hope it's far away from you? X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Awful !
      It is not even the start of fire season.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. An hour away over a city and a mountain range.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Early in his career my brother was a smokejumper.
      He and his crew would be out there fighting the fires.

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh, it's terrifying. The view from sky really shows how bad it is. We had drought and fire last year. It was about an hour away, too, but I could see and smell smoke in the air. I don't think it was as bad as this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How terrible, I hope you stay safe and I feel for all those affected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Parsnip! I am so sorry to learn the fires are close to you! I can't imagine how terrifying it must be to wonder how close it will come. This is Friday, the day you usually write your blog. I hope you haven't been forced out. I am thinking of you and your pets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very disturbing. The night shots look like glowing flames in hell.

    ReplyDelete