Friday, August 16, 2013

Square Dog Friday...Dr. Watson


Wow is it  Friday already ?
Were did the week go ? It zoomed by.
Well we all know what day this is.

Best day of the week if your a Little Square Black Dog.

Dr Watson had his check-up on Tuesday.
Dr. Maus thought he was doing great even with the liver problems.
At 15 years he is old for a Scottie, they usually live about 12/15 years.
The biggest problem is he is now completely deaf.
I have always used hand signs when training all my dogs so that is somewhat helpful
in his case. 
I still talk to him all the time, call his name and tell him he is the best gud dug ever.
Because he is !

But for me I am somewhat sad that when I call his name his ears don't perk-up 
or the best tail ever doesn't start wagging right away.
He lost his hearing over a year so I am hoping that helped with his adjustment.
When he is sleeping I made sure to gently pet him so he doesn't wake up in a start.
With his dementia I don't want to startle him.
I try keep his routine pretty much the same every day so he feels secure.
He is still very sweet, perky and loves to play tug.



Some random  gud dug Dr. Watson and thehamish photos.
.

thehamish and Dr. Watson.
This could be the reason why I am usually scrunched in a corner of my hahahaha bed.
.

Watson in the front
.

Gud dug Watson
.

Watson in his crate
.

Sleepy puppies.
.


Here is daughters gud dug Waldie with their cat Bowie
or his real cat name
Zorthan, tormentor of dogs destroyer of rugs escape artist extraordinaire and meow of great annoyance and volume  III


..........................

And of course here is your pretty to start the weekend !

Rain storm over the Catalina Mountains.

trying. . . parsnip
music. . . Someday,  Yoon Do-hyun

Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. Zorthan is a much more suitable name, especially with the titles, for kitty!

    Watson and Hamish look very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of deaf dogs and they all seem to manage just fine. At least you don't have him barking at every little noise outside....we get a lot of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Watson seems fine but I am the one who is sad...

      Delete
  3. As long as they are playful I guess everything is good! Pretty photo like always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the hard things about being a dog owner Parsnip, as I am sure you will agree, is that their life span is not as long as ours and that sooner or later we are set to lose them and break a little bit of our hearts for ever. I hope he lives a long while yet - with your TLC he is getting as good a chance as he possibly can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my heart has broken many times and it never gets any easier.

      Delete
  5. Your blog has not been appearing in my reader for some reason. How strange. But it is nice to hear of the tender care you give the old boy. Lucky dog as well as being a gud one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure what gets into blogger but I have given up trying to understand

      Delete
  6. Gayle, I think you need a bigger bed--though I'm not sure they'd give you any more space.

    They all look so sweet. As for Zorthan, well, like all felines, he has Cattitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how they can double in size when they stretch out.
      I have a Queen sized bed but ...... but Dr. Watson can sleep any where he wants.

      Delete
  7. you are such a gud doggie mommie! yert!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's TOUGH duty being such a gud doggie mommie! Double yert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is sooooo hard when our pets get old. Our old dog Buck was deaf, half-blind, and had arthritis and dementia, but he lived almost 17 years, much to the vet's surprise. I kinda think TLC helps keep them with us a little longer. But it's never long enough.

    That's quite a name for your daughter's cat. (Love it!) We used to have a purebred gray Persian, who was six months old and had all kinds of paperwork and a fancy long name when friends gave him to us. But I told him straight off I wasn't gonna put up with any snootiness, we weren't putting him in any shows... and we were gonna call him Smokey. He and Buck were the best of pals.

    Take care, and a happy weekend to you. (It's nice and cool here in Georgia today.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool in Georgia very hot way too hot in Arizona

      Delete
    2. I meant to also say that is the name I gave their cat.
      It is based on a Far Side Cartoon about the names dogs give themselves. It so makes me giggle even today.
      They called him Bowie and daughter told me they will not tell him my name for him because his head is too big already.

      Delete
  10. *hugs* i know that sadness of which you speak, sister! here's to Watson! *cheers* xoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we love them then they break our hearts by leaving us.

      Delete
  11. Nice that Zorthan and Waldie get along so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad - with your help- Watson is ploughing valiantly on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice of them to let you share their tall bed.

    ReplyDelete