Monday, August 12, 2013

parley view parsnip... weekend quiet

Monday post about what is going on around my home in Tucson.
A quiet weekend except for 2 minutes.
Our monsoons have been strange this year, not enough storms dropping  through.
Sunday afternoon I hear booming thunder and I think some rain is possible.
No such luck just thunder and a 2 minute wind storm blew through.
Since I am up on a hill I get the wind full force.
The wind took three chimney tops/spark abatement off, I heard them being pushed back and forth on the roof. Two umbrellas wiped out a cactus, I wanted to re-pot it anyways because of pack rat damage.
Chair cushions flung about. and some tree branches here and there.
Not much damage just a lot of noise.
What I really wanted was some rain.

 
 

.
.

Daughter and partner bought Mia some sidewalk chalk.


awwwwwwwwwww such fun !
.

Cousins Truffles and Waldie came dressed up as a Girl Scout and a Boy Scout.
 

Being beautiful and very cute is very tiring !


so verrrrrry borrred bored bored no one seein' thehamish
oh woe is me
yert !

Oh please, thehamish is such a drama queen.
..........................

and just because I can...
here is your pretty for the start of the week


Some Castles In The Sky.

quiet. . . parsnip
music. .  . 1 2 3 4,  Feist
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. very interesting day you had my friend! yert!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor cactus!

    The dogs, all of them, are of course spoiled puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an action packed day. The dogs are cute. Sorry about the wind damage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you didn't end up with more damage.

    The pics of the dogs are all adorable--especially the close-up on Hamish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monsoon winds can be tricky
      That last photo is of Dr. Watson

      Delete
  5. Took off the chimney tops? With all of your wind I would think that they should be stuck down pretty well or you would have lost them earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief, such crazy weather, we are so ready for some rain!

    The sidewalk art is really sweet, how fun for everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in the foothill by the Ventana and lots of the storms pass us by. But my goodness we have had so little rain this summer.

      Delete
  7. I, too, feel sorry for the cactus. And yet, it makes for a very interesting photographic subject.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How strange we should both post about chalk on paving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems to me there has been freak weather round the world.
    The perfect place for Mia to play hopscotch. It's complicated to explain but just involves drawing squares in the shape of a plane, numbered 1 to 8. Then Mia throws a pebble in one of the squares, starting at 1 and then hops round the others and then throws to 2 and so on. You can always google:)

    ReplyDelete