Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wednesday In Japan. . . Christmas Cards

I have posted many times before about my love of Japanese Christmas Cards.
So lucky that my family sends me fabulous ones.
DIL and Granddaughter just send me the Five Santas with the red noses 
that blink off and on to the music.
KAWAII !
.............
Every Christmas I display just a few of the Christmas cards I have saved 
over the years on my credenza . 
I weave some very wee lights on thin copper wire around them.
No money spent and decorations that mean something to me.

 Newest Japanese musical card
.
 Lots of favorite Japanese cards
.
 I just put the cards around what is already here.
.
 Twirling Santas.
.
 My very favorite card, Santa sitting with forest animals around a lighted tree 
that plays several carols.
.
 Lovely.
.
 Happiness.
.
 One of my older cards.
.
 Some of Daughters cards.
A Snowman from the wonderful Elizabeth.
.
These make me so happy.
Small treasures that you can hold in you hand.
...........


Here is your pretty  for middle of the week.

Wonderful Tako (octopus) toy from Japan, sent several years ago
for The Square Ones, 
.

 Look how furry they were before their Herbal Body Wraps.
hahahahahahahahaah
Such fluffy gud dugs.

Watson is really giving me the look
...and just how long do we have to sit here ?
While you can just see the wheels in thehamish small brain whirling
mineminemine mine 
me me me me me mine
kill chew destroy
yert !
squirrel...

tako. . . parsnip
music. . . Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer,  Gene Autry

.................

20 comments:

  1. So how long did Tako last before the Square Ones destroyed him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas cards too Gayle - they make Christmas complete for me when I hear from all my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sending and getting Christmas Cards. They are gifts.

      Delete
  3. They're all so beautiful!

    Love the pic of the Square Ones....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some really fabulous cards! I got a wonderful Japanese one today, I hadn't realised they did specially good cards till I saw your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I am in Japan the kids are alway saying... step away from the paper goods and all will be OK.
      I always bring one suitcase home filled with all kinds of cards, paper calendars, notebooks and pens !

      Delete
  5. Fabulous cards! Awww look at their little faces

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cards (and the doggies!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards and so fun. Love the counter space you have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are such beautiful cards! The Santas with red noses are really kawaii :-) They make very elaborate cards in Japan. I need to check out when I go to Japan next time. The Tako is very kawaii, too! I have Tako like that but it's much smaller (it's a key holder.) Love the photo of your square ones! They are the most kawaii :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I always seem to bring a suitcase filled with all sorts of paper goods.
      I have a whole wall of keyrings and phone charms.

      Delete
  9. That red chew toy would be gone in mere seconds around here. Love the Santas but your artwork card with the two square ones is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy the way you have decorated without going to a lot of extra expense. The cards from Japan are lovely and those two black faces at the end are very expressive.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Christmas decor. And your boys look like little puppies.

    ReplyDelete