Saturday, September 26, 2009

Utility access cover


Utility access cover, originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

Japan has the best utility access covers . . .

While everyone is looking up at the sights I am also looking down and
look what I found. Is this not Fabulous !
Every area has its own design. As you can tell this is from the Kobe.

The utility box by my home in Tucson has " utility " on it, how
useful but very boring ! Think of all the plants or animals of Tucson
they could have put on it.

Since I knew that there was no way I could walk off with a cover, I
had to be happy with a picture "le sigh "

sightseeing . . . parsnip
music. . . Sky . . . Takuya Ohashi

3 comments:

  1. Well, perhaps this is something you can offer the City of Tucson. Offer to design stuff for them, or start some kind of art competition. Anyway, I love these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With cost cutting out jobs, I think designing new covers is not really high on the list.
    Thinking basic utility covers could be really cost effective and can be bought by bulk.

    All of that said. . .the Japanese covers are still so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I never noticed how artistic some of those Japanese covers are, this one is so charming. I'll make sure I look down more when I'm in Tokyo next.

    ReplyDelete