Monday, September 28, 2009

Tsubosake Temple


Tsubosake Temple, originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

Juichmen Kanzeon Bosatsu, the Eleven Faced Goddess of Mercy, is
enshrined in Tsubosake Temple and is worshipped as the Goddess
responsive to eye diseases. Many famous people have prayed at this
temple for recovery from their eye diseases including three Emperors
and me !

This is one of the lovely side temples leading up to the main temple
area.

A winding road leads to the Temple that is set in a tree filled
mountain area. The grounds are very beautiful and the red painted
wood balances nicely against the gray stone and green plants.

tourist . . . parsnip
music. . . ost. . . Princess Mononoke

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. I love visiting different places where one can meditate and pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Also fabulous are the utility covers. They make me wonder why the Japanese take care to make everything beautiful and we don't. What is it about us that just kinda thinks 'that'll do.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the architecture in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat. . .

    me too, I love the way the quiet is so different but the same.

    Eryl. . .
    I hve been thinking about what you said and I think I will blog about this thought...

    Abraham Lincoln. . .
    Me too ! this was such a beautiful place and they had several Buddhas that were fabulous. I wish I had taken more pictures but my camera was temperamental that day...

    ReplyDelete