Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Presentation Packaging


Presentation Packaging, originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

Several blogs ago I was talking about Japanese Paper Art, especially
the Fabulous 3-dimensional cards that my son and his wife send me.
In the comments on this post, Anna of the wonderful " My Only Photo
Blog " ( check out her bird photos ). . . wrote about her love of
Japanese cookies and how she saves all the presentation packaging. . .
me too, me too, me too !

I save all the packaging from all sorts Japanese products... food,
restaurant-postcards, napkins, hashi (chopsticks) and my all time
favorite Eki-Ben, made to go food bought at train stations to enjoy on
your ride.
Check out the Eki-ben on David's Blog. He wrote
about his latest train trip and posted about the wonderful train food.
I must tell you this is not your everyday McDonalds . . . it usually
has food of what region your in, filled with tasty octopus, chicken,
fish, beef, rice, spices, local produce. . . so good !

What does one do with all the artwork ? if your me you frame them and
put them up on your pantry wall along with the shopping bags.
I really love the green package to the right it was " Persimmon leaf
wrapped pushed sushi " one of my favorite... seeing all the artwork on
my wall brings back so many wonderful and yummy memories !

Nishinomiya here I come ! Go Hanshin Tigers. . . . Go Go Go Tigers !

Very hungry. . . parsnip
music. . . OST, My Neighbor Totoro, Studio Ghibli

5 comments:

  1. Parsnip that's wonderful. How great to have your own gallery. What are you going to call it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PI. . .

    I should come up with something clever... but I think it will just be my pantry with yummy packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. packaging the pantry.

    Very cool. You have some more coming in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever way to display these. They pack such a punch this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I'm crazy about Japanese packaging and paper too, and tend to let them collect for a while, then toss them. I've never thought of framing my favorites.

    ReplyDelete