Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday In Japan. . . What a feat of daring do !

Oh My Goodness !
So very proud !
Yep !  I am so proud....  proud proud proud.
Japanese son is the 5th person this month and the 348th person overall,
 to succeed.


His name is on the white board.
And what wonderful, terrific exceptional feat of daring do, did he succeed at ?
Just looking at the sign could give you an idea.
.

Yep.
He ate this... 50 times hotter than Tabasco.
Had to wait one minute before he could drink his beer !
So proud so very proud !
Yea son !
What a hoot !

Here is another feat of daring do...
.

Granddaughter has put as many finger puppets
as she could on her very cute little fingers.
.

We were given this omiyage when Japanese family came. We just opened it Sunday.
It is the Shinkansen, the Japanese bullet train filled with cake.
I love riding this train, is like no other train I have ever ridden. It is like zooming on air.
When it  passes you at the station it is like an absence of sound and then
a whoosh of wind.


A really lovely dense sponge type cake.


......................

And just because I can, here is your pretty for Wednesday.
.
Weekend sunset.
I am so lucky to live in Tucson and see sunset like this.
.
tabasco. . . parsnip
music. . . King Of Pain. . . The Police 


Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. King of Pain after eating that thing. Ouch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love super, super spicy food - I would love to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spicy food but would not try this. Nope never ! but the two sons would !
      Good Wishes for you book !

      Delete
  3. I loved the shinkansen, too. And you really can set your watch by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Japanese trains. Even the smaller local ones !

      Delete
    2. p, I want to recommend a book to you because of your mention of the shinkansen. It is called 'The Ramen King and I.' Have you heard of it? It was a bit uneven but there were parts of that book I loved so much I hugged it to my chest.

      Congrats to son! I could *never* have endured ...

      Delete
    3. Me, too. I loved that I could jump on my local train and, as long as I had the time and the money, go essentially anywhere in the country.

      I still occasionally have anxiety dreams about Japanese trains, though. I lived a few anxiety dreams on them, too. I once fell asleep in Yokohama and woke up in Chiba. Ah, the joys of irresponsible youth...

      Delete
    4. Suze...I haven't read this book but I have read many translated book that son sends me.
      On one trip back from Osaka I watched "Moyuru Toki" The Excellent Company. It was about a Japanese noodle company Sansun in America and how they competed for a share of the market in 1980. It was really interesting and stared my favorite Japanese actor Kiichi Nakai.
      This has nothing to do with noodles but another wonderful quiet movie is "Railways" it is about a office worker, family man who quits his job in Tokyo and becomes a Electric Train drive in the rural town he came from.

      Delete
    5. Sorry to have bunged in on your conversation with the Squid man!

      I will have to check out both of those films, p. Thank you for the recommendation, I have all faith that I would like what you suggest.

      Delete
    6. Oh My Goodness, you didn't bungled at all.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. My two sons would.
      There is a great family type curry restaurant that you can pick the amount of hotness.... It is like a bidding war. Yes Ill eat the #4 can you eat the #5 ? The hottest one I think you have to sign a disclaimer... I rather like the food but never get the super spicy one.

      Delete
  5. YIPES!
    «Louis'» mouth is on fire just from reading about it!

    Little Mia-chan is just too cute!

    The bullet train cake - hahahaha - very clever! The Japanese have a marvelous way of packaging things.

    Regards to The Square Ones ®!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahahaha me too ! Just looking at it was awful.
      Son said that beer was the best one he ever had ! hahahah no lie

      Delete
  6. I can't imagine how hot that must have been! Love the bullet cake. Makes me want top go and want a slice of something.....only 9.30am so better not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake was super good. I only had a tiny taste though.

      Delete
  7. The hot thing made my eyes water and the train made my mouth water.
    Two lovely pictures - your granddaughter and the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank You Pat.... and no super hot peppers for me.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful sunset Parsnip; loe the finger puppets;
    not so sure about that red hot thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute story! and a train with cake? *thud*

    Yert!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete