Friday, April 29, 2011

L' Heure Bleue


L' Heure Bleue, originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

7:30 p.m. Thursday in Tucson, Arizona
No clouds today just an luminous evening sky from my back yard.
I am very lucky to live in Tucson because of Kitt Peak Observatories
we as a city have less light pollution so the evening sky is usually
clear and filled with stars.

Usually I post photos of the wonderful daytime clouds and mountains
from my home in Tucson. What is harder to convey is the evening sky
using my little point and click. The twilight in Tucson is indeed
luminous and I always think very Maxfield Parrish.
I am not sure if all the light refraction is my dirty lens or whatever
is flying in the air but I am pleasantly surprised and will take all
the credit, for what I think is a lovely photo.

twilight. . . parsnip
music. . . Stardust, Hoagy Carmichael

10 comments:

  1. Hello:
    We think that this is a wonderful nightscape. Just like a dream. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing color! Stardust indeed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is spectacular!

    What would you charge for rights to it to be used as a book cover?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed an amazing photo. Beautiful and I love the glowing orbs. Thanks for asking about my son's surgery. He is recovering very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the colour of the perfume of the same name:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane and Lance...
    I think it is quite dream like too.

    Diane...
    Thank You, living here in Arizona all I have to do is point and click.

    William...
    Even the cloudless skies are beautiful here. I think it is the lack of huge cities that dull the beauty.

    debra...
    When I was looking at the photo that song jumped into my head. I thought so perfect.

    Norma ...
    Thanks, I will e-mail you :)

    Joanna...
    Glad to hear the good news about your son.

    Pat...
    I have always loved that mysterious perfume name. I am going to buy a bottle, probably will never wear it but I have always been very intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete