Monday, December 26, 2011

parley view parsnip...

Daughter's Handmade wonderful gifts !
My children are grown and stocking are not quite a must anymore. We even talked about stopping them.
Side note... as a Mum I never had a stocking but a few years ago my children decided that I should have one and what fun it was... They went through the local craft store and just about bought one of everything !
I usually hang the stocking on their doorknobs as decoration before Santa came. When they were younger when ever they got up they would check them out before coming down to the gifts under the tree. Never filled with just little toys, they had different items like stamps and inks, brushes, pencils, pens, candy, cookies and always an Orange in the toe of the stockings, something my Mum always did. When she was a child to receive an orange was a very special treat in the snowy Chicago Winters.

But talented Daughter decided to make the Tucson family stockings this year !
As our main gift from her.
Only about 9 inches tall, she embroidered the stocking with special details.
She is still deciding how to finish the cuffs, leave them plaid or add a white cuff ?
Guess who received this stocking ? ? ?

A Badger hold a cup and wears a Scottish cap and scarf for a Brother.

Hers is a Bunny with a bunny snowman.

Friend has their Adopted dog Waldie who is a gift.

A small gathering for Christmas Eve Dinner.
Son and Daughter cooked.
Wonderful Vegan Dishes with a Roasted Turkey Roulade made just for Son and Me. Then all the food was warmed for the extremely easy Christmas dinner the next day.

So much Fun !

holiday . . . parsnip
music . . . Walk On The Ocean, Toad The Wet Sprocket

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. Found you via *Buster*!

    Seemed to have been a very happy Christmaseve!

    And the family stockings are so pretty!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how adorable the little square dogs!!! just adorable! and the turkey dinner looks pretty danged good too!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    yert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas with everything done for you, and so beautifully presented too! Have a good 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stockings are fab, as is the table, it looks beautiful. Sounds like you had a lovely, family oriented holiday.

    We didin't have stockings when I was a child, but I've had one ever since my first Christmas with my (now) husband. Which means I've now had a stocking for much longer than I didn't have one. We always have an orange in the toe, too; was your mother scottish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holiday !!!

    Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

    Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lovely applique, and such fabulous, personal designs. I think stay with the tartan cuff.
    Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, all the very best for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is so talented. Now I wonder where she got that from?
    We had pillow cases when we were young - I feel deprived:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just popped over from Pat's blog to check out yours.

    I think I had a pillowcase as a child too. My daughters have large sacks, and my partner and I have stockings. Must have gone up in the world as I've grown older!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful stockings! Cute dogs, bunny snowman, and badger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you have any favourite vegan recipes I would be very interested. The meal looks divine - Happy New Year to you and yours.
    Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete