Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Naurto Potato Chips.


Naurto Potato Chips., originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

Japanese son sent me a box filled with some of my favorite things.

The bridge on the potato chip bag is the Naurto Bridge with the famous
Whirlpools.
These are special chips only out for a short time. They are seasoned
with Salt and Black and White Sesame Seeds that this area is famous for.
I just call them yummy.

The Suspension Bridge is almost as long as the Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge
that I wrote about in my 3 August 2009 post.

The bridge has a glass enclosed observation deck that has you walking
under the bridge and above the Sento Island Sea and has great views of
the whirlpools.

The whirlpools inspired the anime series with the same name.

happy. . . parsnip
music. . . Walk On The Ocean, Toad The Wet Sprocket

3 comments:

  1. I love the packaging alone (never having tasted the chips!).

    The observation deck sounds like the kind of thing that would have my husband squealing, he's disturbed by heights, but I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a small bag of chips that I ate half of right away ! They were super thin but perfect and so tasty...

    I didn't walk the deck, I too have height problems but I would have gone, it was abeautiful day, just too tired. I can only walk so far till I poop out. I should have gone though.
    On my next trip when we go there and I will walk there first, rest later !
    I love this area so much.
    This is also where I first had a cake made from bamboo charcoal
    The cake was pure black sponge rolled up with with the most tasty cream. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake sounds naughty but nice.

    ReplyDelete