Friday, July 2, 2021

Square Dog Friday... Monsoon

  Big storm today lots of rain, wind, thunder and lighting !

At the first crash of thunder, Agatha panics.




                  I keep half of the bottom shelf in the printer cabinet free for her to hide in.

.


                                       Under the Daybed with lots of toys and pillows.

I adopted her from a rescue. She was part of a hoarder from Sedona up in the high desert on the way to Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. 

We think (?) she was an outside dog with lots of others. The monsoon storms can be scary outside. 





                                                                  Rain on the window.



Sir Winston Mandable Churchill or as we like to call him the TANK ! is the opposite of Agatha.

I have to drag him inside. He loves to sit out in any weather and enjoy.  Agatha is in panic flight to hide as he is  running outside, wind ruffling his beard.

 

                                              He is such a crazy Gud Dug I lurve him !

...

As always here is your pretty for the weekend.


Torch Cactus.

 


Daughter picked this Torch Cactus in Honor of her Gud Dug Truffles.

Daughter placed Truffles ashes here.


                                                                            Beautiful.

.


                                                               cheers,  parsnip

 

19 comments:

  1. The exploding cat cartoon is perfect. Poor Agatha. That torch cactus is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the exploding cat. We have had fluffing cat like that a few times when TANK was trying to be friends with Oliver and Merida came running to save him with a tail 5 times as big with the exploding body.

      Delete
  2. Poor Agatha! I wish I could give her a gentle hug. You have some amazing pictures of the mountains and clouds. The Torch Cactus is truly beautiful. Sending love to both gud dugs. I hope they both do okay through this holiday weekend. Enjoy your weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that it rains every afternoon so no fireworks. They still sell them here and I am what the heck 25 wildfires and we sell fireworks to anyone ?

      Delete
  3. Finally some rain for your area! Sorry the rumblings bothers Agatha so much. We're having a cool rainy 4th of July up here which will keep the fireworks to a dull roar...and that makes Dottie dog happier. The torch cactus photos are beautiful. Wishing you a lovely holiday weekend friend Gayle. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger not letting me sing in to comment for some reason...but the "unknown" tis I, Camille. X

      Delete
    2. I have so much trouble with blogger, computer and everything that I am not surprised.
      Hope Dottie and you will be fine !

      Delete
  4. It helps if Agatha has places to hide when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has several places to hid and I try to show her new ones. I am making a new one in my closet.

      Delete
  5. That cactus is amazing. I think you are sending you hurricane our way according to the weather man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all of the rain has helped to stop the fires. It is too much or too little with your weather some times! Poor Agatha, I have seen photos of dogs with headphones on so they don't hear the loud thunder. Don't know if that works tho.
    That cactus is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Summer storms come with Lighting strikes so with not a good rain the strikes start new fires.
      I have tried just about everything, not sure if she would wear headphones.
      I live up high in the foothills and you can feel the Thunder and Lighting.

      Delete
  7. Franklin and Penelope understand Agatha's need to hide from the storm. They hide in my closet. It's funny that Winston wants to be outside in bad weather.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winston always wants to be outside unless he hears the treat jar.
      Agatha is very attached to me but she ADORES my Son.

      Delete
  8. give her a belly rub or gentle hug...she will freel comfortable

    petsgain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does not like to be cuddled and when she has worked herself in such a state we have to crate her near us so she can calm down

      Delete
  9. The dog I grew up with was terrified of thunderstorms. He wasn't much of a cuddler - except during storms.

    Love the photos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huloooooo....... your phone isn't workkkinnnnggg..... WOOF!

    ReplyDelete