Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Memories


The "Hygge" themed Bark Box that came had a Cinnamon Roll
that was part of the snuggle, cosy and happy home.
  
Agatha loves this one and in all her operations started at the top.
This is one of the bonus toys with fluff, squeaky, crackling crinkle paper
and when you tear it apart there is a surprise inside a spiky ball,





 When I picked up the toy as I held it in my hand memories came back and I started to laugh.

When oldest son was in preschool  they made a gift of  "Melamine Dinner Plates".
They were given a plate sized piece of special paper and markers and told to draw anything
 they wanted or their Mum might like.
I saw lots of the plates when they came back and they mostly all had flowers and rainbows.
Now remember this was preschool. 
Mine came back with several large to smaller circles.
The lines of the circles where a rusty brown that had short lines of tan coming out on both sides.
When I came back to school the next day the teachers were wondering how did I like the dish. 
I burst out laughing and said it was the best dish ever because it was something he really loved.
The Sarlacc Pit ! 
Star Wars is a family favorite.
Of course that dish and the other were destroyed in the wildfire.
I miss them, we used them for special days or just for fun day !
.
 Sarlacc Pit
.

Agatha wants her surgery patient back !

cheers,  parsnip



26 comments:

  1. Dr. Agatha is having a professional surgeon's debate with Dr. Winston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahahahah this tug was very quiet and they both stood their ground

      Delete
  2. Hi, Gayle!

    I can imagine the fun Winston and Agatha have whenever a new Bark Box arrives. Whenever Mrs. Shady and I went shopping at Wal-mart we stopped in the toy section and bought a battery powered plush toy or a stuffed animal with a squeaker inside and brought it home to Toto. She went wild with excitement over her new toys. She played tug of war with me just like your two pooches are doing in the last picture. I'm glad you have fond memories of your son making a scale model sarlacc pit at school.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling toys don't last consign these two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watson and thehamish were the best at fast destroying any toy.

      Delete
  4. So cute! The puppies and the toys! :)

    Glad to see you posting again, Gayle. I've been thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You
      The pups are very funny but they miss Truffles. Winston keeps waiting for her to come, Agatha keeps sniffing and rubbing her pillows

      Delete
  5. If only the sarlaac pit were so blue and shiny - would be decidedly less intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and sweet memory about the dish. It’s sad fire destroyed it, but so wonderful that Agatha’s operation brought back the memory :-) Love the photo of her and Winston!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agatha is so funny we are learning about each other.

      Delete
  7. They look so happy with their new toys! I can imagine the excitement when they discovered the ball inside the one toy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarlac by Melamine! They could make a fortune. And loved dog toys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great toy and what fun it is to enjoy watching them play.

    I have a few of those melamine dishes made by my children. They are only beautiful to me and very precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photo story showing the progression of the cinnamon bun's wounds. The frowny face with the first bite, the smiley face full of hope, and finally the frowny face returns unable to deny the severity of the damage. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah memories Gayle - what would we do without them/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy memories are so precious. Those two playing together are beautiful. I know you are all missing Truffles but she's there in your hearts. I love your blog those dogs lift my spirits and make me happy.Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, sugar! Perfect for today and I thank you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete