Friday, February 5, 2016

Square Dog Friday. . . the no good very bad day

Square Dog Friday is the best day of the week.
So here we go, let's woof it.
.
i thehamish is missing  cousin truffles
she is with nice tall person who plays with us and moved to a home in snow
i thehamish has been in snow it is ok sort' of
not sure i thehamish wants to live in snow
I would haven' to thinkin' about that
thinkin' sometimes is hard for thehamish

i thehamish is missin' my truffles 
but i gots some photos that i look at
 nice tall person who feeds us is puttin' them on my wall so i can be seein'
my truffles every day
.

truffles mum gots'her a star wars coat to wear in the snow.
she is a ewok
not knowing what that is
but truffles lookin' gud

i thehamish was worried her ears would gets cold
but i thehamish  saw it was not the truffles ears
hahaha on i thehamish
.
truff truff lookin' gud
.
ewok
.
truff is so pretty  she is gud dug
truffs is always waggin' her tail all the time
her tail is not broken like i thehamish
she had a very bad life till nice tall person who plays with us found her.
now she has the very best life

i thehamish lurves truffles
.
A quick drawing  (postcard) of Truffles with the waggie tail.
She has the tiniest feet I have ever seen on a gud dug.
......................


This is the part in my blog when I have a pretty to start the weekend.

But we have had (again) some bad news.
thehamish suddenly has another taken a turn for the worst.
He is back home with us right now but...
He has episodes that used to be a few times a years but  now are coming
much closer together.
He woke me up early this morning and I let him out then we went back to bed.
He wouldn't eat anything and had bloody poo.
We got him into his vet and we are on hold till the next set of test results come in.
Will not kid around like I usually do, it is not good.

As you see I cooked some chicken and he did eat the chicken
in his little nest on the sofa in my studio and drink the broth.
It has been a hard day.

.

.

.

.

.

thehamish has been having a very hard time since Watson died and he still missing him.
He is so sad, just not the same thehamish that he was.
He always bounces back from these episodes but not now.
The last one was three weeks ago.

I am not sure this time he wants to get better.

.
I found two dogs to look at this weekend and possibly adopt so he would have a friend.
Thought he would feel better having another gud dug around.
I just don't know what to do now.
I guess that looking at gud dugs has to be put on hold
but one is very special and needs a home.

I will not be posting for awhile till we get everything figured out.
But I will be reading your blogs when I have the time.

 Hope wherever you are safe and warm.
xo gayle

waiting . . . parsnip
music. . . Either Way It Goes,  Blue Merle



39 comments:

  1. Oh no Parsnip. Antibiotics is always called for so I assume that's been given. Both my weenies had diarrhea last night and their stomachs gurgling. I make all their food so maybe I'll cut back on the ground flax and chia. If only I could keep them from the cat turds they root out in the leaf piles. Just hold Ham and love on him. I tried the new puppy for Mr. Winkie (that would be Emmy) and he didn't want anything to do with her. Even avoided eye contact with her. I think Ham will be happier having you all to himself. Best wishes and hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gayle, I am very sad to learn that thehamish is ailing and missing his companions so much. It's a tough time for you and I don't know what to tell you to do. Bringing another dog into your home might perk up thehamish but you can never be sure. I am still haunted by sad memories of my Toto's slow decline and our decision to have her put to sleep one rainy night at 3 am. My thoughts and prayers are with you and with he thehamish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he gets better, Gayle--but he could indeed be grieving. He lost Watson, and now Truffles has gone away as well. But I wonder if Donna might be right about getting a new dog. I had a wild rabbit we raised after our dog almost made a snack of him. I thought he was lonely, so I bought a female bunny to keep him company. They bonded instantly--but when she died suddenly and I brought other rabbits home, he would have nothing to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sad, holding my breath for thehamish. Please give that gud dug a gentle wee hug from me. Thinking of you much. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I know what you are going through with your gud dud right now.
      I am sending hugs right back to you all.

      Delete
  5. I'm very sorry, Gayle... poor Hamish. Take care of him as best as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little Hamish. You can see that he feels off colour in your photos of him. The dear lad wants to enjoy his chicken so much but his heart isn`t in it.......

    Such a hard time for you. I do hope that he rallies and enjoys his life again.
    The Slate Grey Dog sends her love, but would be too bouncy for the Hamish just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a difference in him but he is still a happy little guy.

      Delete
  7. Wait until you know he is well .. blood in the stool can be a lot of things that are not terrible so don't worry too much. Give him a while before you bring any new pet into the home.
    He needs time to adjust to his loss too. Let him see the vet and get well then see if he isn't much more cheerful. They always act sad when they don't feel good.
    Give him a big kiss from me and the kitties. C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Gayle,
    I am so very sorry. There are no words, but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love them and then the get sick and die and rip our hearts into pieces.

      Delete
  9. Oh no, Gayle, I'm so sorry to read this. Poor thehamish. He is having hard time after losing Watson, and that may be affecting him physically more than ever... A new dog friend may cheer him up. I've read many stories about fur babies who lost their family member but got so much mental help when a new member came in. But with his physical condition, he may need to be the only one to have all your attention. Not sure whih is better, but I know you will make choices that are the best for him. I pray he gets better. Sending hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was too tired to look at the one very needy dog but I might still check him out.

      Delete
  10. I'm so worried and sad. The waiting for the test results must be so hard for you. Please give thehamish my regards and you must take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many problems we have to deal with that piggyback on other problems.

      Delete
  11. I'm so sorry! I'm sure Hamish is missing Watson terribly. We have gone through this and know that sometimes losing a friend is enough to send them into a downward spiral. Our vet advised us not to bring in a stranger and it turned out that was for the best. Hard on us but it would have been harder for Roz to adjust in her last weeks.

    You and Hamish will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read this yesterday but couldn't comment because I felt so sad. I have come to love your little lad very much and hate the thought of him unwell and low. We're sending him (and you, because I know what it's like for you right now) lots of love from England. Keep strong my dear for the small furry one. CT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, not god news at all, I'm so sorry Hamish is ill. Hugs to you both from me and my little gang.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope things work out for the best. I just read Tamago's comment. You may have already done this, but why not ask the vet what they think about Hamish having a new playmate at his age?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truffles is a lovely girl. Your drawing of her is wonderful. Poor Hamish. I hope he is feeling better.

    It can be hard to know whether it's the best time to bring a new dog, or two, into your life. Sometimes you have to let yourself be led and trust your gut as much or more than your head. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, it is very complicated. But the dog I saw online needed someone to love him.

      Delete
  16. Cuddles and try to get well soon Hamish. Much love from us on the farm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best to Hamish. Loss is tough for dogs, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though thehamish always acted like he wanted to be the #1 dog
      he relied on Watson. His touchstone.

      Delete
  18. Oh, poor sweet boy! Please pet him and give him a kiss for me. I hate hearing that he's not feeling well. I hope he's on the mend soon! ♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to read that Hamish is doing not so well.
    Take good care.
    Regards,
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
  20. Truffles so cute but the Hamish making me cry. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How hard this must be for you. It's so difficult when our four-legged kids aren't doing well, and to make things worse, they can't tell us what we can do to make them feel better. We just have to do our best, and I know you always have, and always will. You'll make the right decision. Love and best wishes to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh dear Gayle I do feel for you. Part of me wants you to get this rescue dog to help alleviate the hurt when the inevitable happens but I'm also anxious you don't overburden yourself. I'm sure talking with it over with the family will help to make things clearer. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete