Friday, May 28, 2010

New Summer Firefly Card !


New Summer Firefly Card !, originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

New Summer card sent by my Japanese son and his lovely wife and super
mum to be !

The card is a fabulous fold out 41/2 x 4 x 11/2.
Press the button and the fireflies blink, cricket chirp and you hear
the stream running under the two bridges
Two young girls in summer Yukatas are playing with lanterns on a bridge.

As you know from my earlier blog July 20, 2009 I love fireflies and
the Firefly bridge over the Arima-Gawa River
in Yamaguchi-cho, Nishinomiya, Japan.

Summer update . . . In Tucson today it is suppose to be our very first
day of 100 degrees . . . Oh goodie summer is here !

sunburn . . . parsnip
music . . . Walking On The Sun, Smash Mouth

3 comments:

  1. The card is wonderful.

    100 degrees, gosh, it never gets anywhere near that here, people start fainting at about 65!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eryl ...
    On my next trip to Japan I will make sure I find the perfect card for you.
    For me the 90's are the worst... once you get to 100 what is a few more degrees one way or the other? It is all just HOT !
    I love your statement about people fainting at 65. If we get that in Tucson we count our lucky stars and break out our long pants as apposed to shorts !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was afraid that I had sent that one to you before! Glad that I hadn't.

    Cool about the first 100. It's been a very mild start to the summer here.

    Last night I had a drink at Izumi's bar, the really arty one that I took you while I was going to school, and one of her customers asked me, "Why do foreigners always wear shorts in the winter in Japan?"

    To which I replied, "Well I sure as hell don't! I'm from the desert. Japan is cold! Those guys wearing shorts in December are from Ireland or some cold place like that."

    ReplyDelete