Friday, July 17, 2009

Fast moving storm


Fast moving storm, originally uploaded by angryparsnip.

At 6PM on Friday 17 July 2009 this really scary storm zoomed in to the
Tucson area. This view is North-East towards the Catalina Foothills.

Fast moving, lots of thunder, lighting and winds 45 to 60 mph with a
blowing Dust storm. The temperature is still 102.

That is my favorite Orange Tree, a cross between a Tangerine and
Valencia Orange, on the right.
Last night we also had lots of thunder and lighting strikes, thank
goodness no forest fires started.

very warm. . . parsnip
listing to. . . . .Boz Scaggs, Speak Low

8 comments:

  1. Gayle this is a very beautiful shot the clouds look amazing something about a thunder and lightning storm that really facinates me. Wish I was there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie. . .

    It is dinner and a show weather . . . a glass of wine and the lighting storm can't be beat.
    It is 8:30 and dark outside but the thunder and lighting still putting on a show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Batten down the hatches. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dramatic shot! Such great scenery there... the sky is as interesting as the Ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! I miss those nights. Soon well have the typhoons coming in though so we have our own version, but the Tucson ones came with that great smell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kanani. . . the clouds later looked like CGI's from the movie the "Perfect Storm" but between the lighting and wind I had to come inside. Was afraid " The Boy's " would end up in Kansas !

    David. . . after the dust storm blew through and the rain came it did smell great !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks totally amazing, and how I envy you that orange tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PI. . .
    Sometimes it feels like the house will get blown away I'm up on a small rise, so my home is above all the others around me.

    Eryl. . . I love that tree, I have to fight the Cactus Wrens for the fruit. Cheeky little devils! they poke a hole in the fruit and then the little birds come and eat too.

    ReplyDelete